There is a difference between a toilet, a washroom and a shower room. In Arabic the washroom is referred to as the همام (Hamaam) for toilet you can say مرحاض (Mirhaad) or الحمام (Al Hamaam - less common)
Share this via the share buttons below or this quick URL: https://go.khaleel.co.uk/washroom
You need to buy:
- Flip Flops - Chapal! I use standard flip flops which you can buy here from Amazon.
- Sticky Wall Hooks for your Topi (hat), Head covering. These ones are decent - no tools needed. These Command ones also will not peel your wall. Check my setup:
How SICK is that setup above? That's it. Your guests will also love them - how awesome are those hooks? Your kids will also default learn the habit listed below at an early age.
Nabi ﷺ taught us to enter the toilet with a specific etiquette. The toilet is home to Demonic Jinn and it is not a pure place - therefore do the following:
- Cover your head - ALWAYS*
- Where slippers
- Before entering, recite Dua below and then enter with your left foot:
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ اللَّهُـمَّ إِنِّي أَعُـوذُ بِـكَ مِـنَ الْخُـبْثِ وَالْخَبَائِثِ
(Bismil-lah) »llahumma innee aAAoothu bika minal-khubthi wal-khaba-ith
(In the name of Allah). O Allah, I take refuge with you from all evil and evil-doers.
4. When leaving, leave with the right foot first. Once outside recite Dua:
I ask You (Allah) for forgiveness.
My teacher told me.
If there is one thing you do in life - cover your head when the toilet seat is lifted
COVER it. And keep the toilet seat closed when you're done. It is incredible disgusting when you go to someones house and they leave the toilet seat up! You can tell a lot about a household that leaves there toilet seats up!
Tip: A fairly decent principle is enter good places with your right food and do good things with your right hand first. Example when entering the Masjid also use your right foot and leave with the left foot. (Masjid Dua) If you need help with the dua reading check this easy video.
References: Zadul-Ma'ad 2:387, IslamicFinder, Al-Bukhari 1:45, Muslim 1:283